Sunday, November 18, 2012

Israel

I wrote a post on my blog the other day supporting Israel in its recent battle against Hamas, but then deleted it, because I feared being in error. There are times when I write things on the computer, then walk away, and feel a shadow upon my heart. I then may delete what I have written and I wonder, was it really me that wrote those things, or was it the work of others working through me? Isn't it true that the masses are programmed to believe certain things by the media? FOX News would be an extreme example of such programming, but I am sure that even the other networks and newspapers have certain agendas that may be more subtle than that of FOX.

I like Israel because of its free press and elections and gay rights. In general I am well-disposed toward the Jews and ill-disposed toward conservative or radical Muslims, who I equate with Orthodox Jews.

If I had to choose between Israel and another country in the Middle East, there's no question I would prefer to live in Israel. Wouldn't you?

I hate terrorism and hate the soldiers of Hamas that fire rockets blindly into Israel not knowing where they will explode. Complete idiocy that sets back their own cause, makes it dirty. I hate the idiots that blow up school buses, fire into crowds, boast about suicide bombings. Those individuals do not understand that they justify Israeli attacks, they provide a moral and ethical ground for Israel to operate. An eye for an eye. Who can criticize Israel, when Hamas has slain children?

Yet Israel is far away, and I am not familiar with all that goes on over there, and I'm not sure that I trust all that I read. The basis of Israel's founding seems flawed. I think that the Jews should have settled in Mexico, close to the United States and well-protected in moderate and mild North America. Mexico would have benefited from such an influx of highly intelligent Jews. It is most unfortunate for our country that we must spend billions of dollars every year to keep Israel afloat in hostile waters. How much better for us if Israel did not exist. Then the Arab nations could evaluate the United States in much friendlier terms, more as a trading partner than abettor of their enemy. How much better for us if the fanatics among the Jewish population were left to their own devices. Billions of dollars would be better spent upon medicine and scientific research than on fomenting animosity in the Middle East.

The Muslims for their part are angry and restless for many reasons, and the presence of Israel and the history of Israel supplies an obvious focus for their anger, a provocation, as though Israel is the source of all evil, when it is far from that. Israel is more of a symbol than anything else, but to the Muslims it is a symbol of humiliation.

I am afraid the U.S. seems like an old bear that fails to learn from experience and continues in making the same mistakes over and over again. The Republican Party certainly has learned nothing from history and nothing from the recent election. The Republicans persist in the mindset of the 1950s with exactitude. I do not think I will ever vote Republican in my entire life, because they have decided to be the party of backwardness.
Post a Comment
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget, America is a symbol of humiliation for the Moslem Cult too! The Moslems started attacking our trading vessels in the 1820s-1830s, stealing the cargos and enslaving the crew. This was in spite of--or perhaps BECAUSE?--we were paying the scum 20% of our GNP as Protection Money.
In the 1830s, Americans kicked Moslem Cult ass, culminating in the Treaty of Tripoli. Sadly, we failed to cull the whole Moslem Cult. So they festered and attacked the Civilized World again when they were stronger. Kinda like NOT taking the last antibiotic because the SYMPTOMS are gone?

However, this makes the Moslems America's first enemy OUTSIDE our own borders, beating the Mexicans to that goal by almost 2 decades! And because America won over the Moslem Cult, our destruction becomes their pseudo-religion's "duty". Plus, we had the gall to abolish slavery, while enslaving lessers is part of their cult!

I believe the Nazis, Crips, Bloods, Jesse Jackson, and Al Capone were all evil, but at least they all had the "decency" NOT to pretend their evil was some "religion".
Also, look up "honor killings"--the Moslems killing their OWN PEOPLE who try to leave the Cult and join the Civilized World! You know that an ideology is bad when it cannot compete in an open "marketplace of ideas" without killing people who realize something else is better and try to leave it.

No matter how evil you paint whatever religion or political party you don't like, they don't kill people who leave the herd. The Pope is stepping down--ALIVE! People leave Republican party--ALIVE! People leave the Democrats, and are called racist, but still ALIVE! Pick another group, I admit to being unimaginative.

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions