Monday, November 5, 2012

Downton Abbey's Deja Vu

I had a real sense of deja vu watching last night's Downton Abbey (Season 3, episode 8), where Thomas was leaving Downton Abbey after ten years of reliable service without a reference for being gay. Except in my case, there weren't warmhearted senior employees looking out for me, more like a gang of O'Brians looking after their own ends. Downton Abbey is just a wonderful fantasy about what life could be like, and I'm always dazzled by the kindness of the characters on the show, the way they are so compassionate and enlightened in the most unexpected ways. Perhaps it is unrealistic, but we need a good fantasy, and I love the set, the acting, the script and the costumes.Post a Comment
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions