Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How to Launch a Slideshow in Linux Mate

Linux Mint Mate makes it easy to initiate a screensaver slideshow. Right-click anywhere on the desktop and select Create a Launcher. Use this command for the Launcher:

mate-screensaver-command -a

When you want to activate the screensaver/slideshow, simply click on the launcher.

If you're curious, open a terminal and see what else mate-screensaver-command can do. Enter:

mate-screensaver-command --help

I would like for it to have the ability to change the timed delay between images. Currently, the delay is preset to 20 seconds. I would like to set it to 60. However, I don't see a method of doing this other than via the time parameter in mate-screensaver-command, and I have not been able to get that parameter to work.Post a Comment
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions