Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ban China?

The Chinese military hit the New York Times in retaliation for a story exposing the Chinese Prime Minister's theft of billions from the Chinese people.

China is a mere kleptocracy, a country ruled by criminals for whom the law is a tool, just like the switchblade or handgun, to extract money from victims, defined as anyone other than themselves.

As a web admin, it is tempting to ban all of China, but typically I just ban a couple thousand Chinese IP addresses at a time whenever I detect bad activity. The Chinese are spending a lot of money trying to infect servers and computers in the West, and the New York Times is just the latest story. Even small sites are targeted for various reasons. Anytime I see activity from Russia, Ukraine, or China, that's always bad news.

The reason I hesitate to ban all of China is that I could be living in China myself, or someone like me could be. I don't like the idea of banning everybody due to the actions of a few thousand knuckleheads in the PLA. Besides, the thought has occurred to me that the tyrants of China want us to ban China, because they don't want their peasants learning the truth. In fact, provoking a blanket ban may even be an objective of these hack attacks.Post a Comment
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions