Thursday, September 15, 2011

Charter Cable Still Doesn't Get It

I received yet another letter from Charter Cable offering internet, tv, and phone for $60/mo. and deposited it directly into the trash can like the fifty previous letters before it.

Charter still doesn't get it, six years after I left them.

It's not the price.

It's not the features.

It's reliability.

With Charter, I went without Internet for days and weeks at a time because of unexplained technical problems on their side. That's something I remember. Refunds for those time periods were promised--only if requested--but never materialized. So I don't care if Charter offers the bundle for $30, I'm not biting.

They need to work on reliability, followed by reliability, and thirdly, reliability.

When Internet service goes out, they should refund the customer's bill for the Entire Month. If they had that policy and were consistent about following it, then I'd sign up again. Otherwise, no. I don't need Bozo the Clown as my Internet Service Provider.

Meanwhile, there's a landfill somewhere with all the crap Charter has mailed me over the years trying to woo me back.
by igor 04:20 8 replies by igor 09:32 6 comments

2 comments:

calpalbob said...

It depends on where you live how well Charter functions. I like, very much, their cable service. But I don't bundle with them. I don't trust Charter telephone. I use DSL and it never fails.
calpalbob in California.

igor said...

Fair enough. I'm sure mileage varies depending upon location.

I've been pleased with DSL, although the phone company does tend to ship cheap modems that fry in a relatively short time period. After my third burnout, I bought a DSL 2540B and have had smooth sailing ever since.

Regarding phone, I used to use Vonage as an internet telephone provider and was very satisfied with them, but got nervous when they lost a lawsuit with Sprint. I was afraid they'd go out of business and leave me in the lurch. However, if they are still around, I do recommend them based on the memory of GOOD service.

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions