Thursday, December 6, 2012

How to Make Firefox Load the Home Page in a New Tab

I found the way to make Firefox load the home page in a new tab, which used to be Firefox's default behavior back in the good old days. (The suggested solution at Mozilla.org does not work for my purposes.) The user must install a new add-on called "New Tab Homepage" to force Firefox to behave in the way it used to behave.

I see it's time for... Firefox developer training time!

FF dev: So tell me, what is a home page?

igor: A home page is where the user wants to begin browsing the Internet.

FF dev: But when the user opens a new tab, surely he wants to see a bunch of windows thrown together in a big pile, right? That's what I like!

igor: No, the user wants to view his home page when a new tab is opened.

FF dev: But home page is boring...for me. I want to code a bunch of windows and show off what I can do.

igor: Why not use all that energy to figure out a way to integrate flash in Firefox, like Google did with Chrome? Then Firefox might regain some market share.

FF dev: Uh... too difficult!

igor: Thought so. Post a Comment
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions