Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Why I Didn't Vote

I didn't vote in my local election because there was no one to vote for. The incumbent was a right-wing business criminal who has stolen money for his personal enrichment, and his challenger was another right-wing business criminal. Which would you prefer, to be robbed by X or robbed by Z? I decided I didn't care who did the robbing, but the heck if I was going to waste any time trudging to the polls. At least I was not robbed of a half-hour of my time.

Such is the normal state of affairs in our "republic," better termed a kleptocracy. There is no one to vote for but criminal "A" or criminal "B", each of whom wants to steal the maximum amount of money without being detected, or if that is not possible, at least without too many negative consequences.

In my locality, voter participation was 8%, meaning that the candidates failed to interest 92% of the electorate.
by igor 04:20 8 replies by igor 09:32 6 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions