Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I Give a Darn

I like this editorial from Petula Dvorak (what a name!).

I like to think that I would have intervened on behalf of the victim. At the very least, I would have dialed 911, but I suspect I would have walked over to at least assess the situation and determine whether the attacker had a firearm.

I give a darn. If you die, you die, but everybody's going to die, anyway. Better to save a life if possible, even at the risk of one's own. Who knows, you might make a friend for life, if you save someone's life.

I don't have a high opinion of Apple iJunk or any other iJunk. When out and about, one should focus upon one's surroundings, not on an interior world of internet, email and texting. It is impractical to venture out into the world without making full use of one's ears and eyes. Computers should be left at home.
by igor 04:20 8 replies by igor 09:32 6 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions