Saturday, August 7, 2010

Amazed

I'm amazed that a Democrat has joined with a Republican (in California) to seek resumption of same-sex marriages. More and more conservatives and Republicans are coming out for gay marriage these days. I almost suspect an elaborate hidden trap.

I would not rush into gay marriage, if I were a single gay man. It is a serious business, with many of the downsides of heterosexual marriage. Divorce can be costly. I wonder how the inevitable betrayals and separations will play themselves out in the legal system and in the media?

However, for those of us already in long-term, committed relationships, marriage will guarantee many practical legal benefits, such as medical insurance, hospital visitation, inheritance, and so on. The one I am waiting for is the green card.
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions