Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I Voted for Jon Huntsman

When I got to the ballot machine, I changed my mind and voted for Jon Huntsman, even though he has conceded. Huntsman better reflects my values than Ron Paul. Unfortunately, I don't know of any media source that is reporting the number or proportion of votes cast for Huntsman. The media is only concerned about the top four candidates. I still have the satisfaction of knowing that I cast a vote for a good person. I didn't feel right about voting for a man who wished gays went back into the closet, according to his newsletters back in the 1980's. Well, this gay was at the voting booth rather than the closet. And I always vote and I don't care whether it matters or not. The reason the country is in the mess it is today is that so many good and decent people do not pay heed to politics and do not bother to vote or have gotten into the habit of "holding their nose" when they vote, voting for bad people just because of their stance on one or two issues.

If you feel like you have to vote for a bad person, just because that person agrees with your position, then maybe your position is wrong, because bad people tend to support bad things. I would be forced to reconsider my whole philosophy if Santorum was my candidate.
by igor 04:20 8 replies by igor 09:32 6 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions