Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Love Teachers

Am I surprised Republicans and their propaganda organ, Fox News, declared war on teachers? No. It's just another one of the lame, counter-productive wars the Republicans wage, in this case against their own countrymen.

I love teachers. I think education and educators are the nation's top resource.

And teachers tend to like me, as well. Here's what one wrote regarding one of my presentations: "Excellent research, preparation and delivery! Nicely dressed & groomed. Nice use of scientific terms. Beautiful pamphlets. You have a talent for teaching and speaking. Get your Ph.D. & come back and teach for the university!"

I liked that so much, I posted it on the bulletin board in my study. My teacher did not have to write all of that. She could have just given me a 100 and been done with it. I think it's indicative that she cared. It's a pity that so many bankers did not care. They spent all their time devising ways to cheat their customers, clients, taxpayers, and shareholders. The current economic situation, the one that Republicans want the workers to suffer for, is the result.

I don't think teachers are overpaid. I think they are overworked. I think bankers are overpaid. Bankers have not been doing a good job. If anyone is lazy, it's the bankers.

Don't mess with the teachers, Republicans. On the other hand--do. I think that issue is going to come back to bite 'em in the next election. At least I hope it does. Seems like the Republicans get away with every type of nonsense under the sun. Voters keep signing up for more abuse.

I think the question of which party to support is simple. Democrats are on the side of the workers, that is, the 99% of the country that performs useful work. Republicans are on the side of those that want to profit at the expense of everybody else. There is overlap. There are exceptions. There are Democrats that vote like Republicans. I don't know whether there are any Republicans that vote like Democrats. The Republican Party tends to run a tight ship. But the general rule applies. That's why I vote straight-ticket Democrat. It's the only thing straight about me. In rare cases where the Democratic ticket is too similar to the Republican ticket on the issues, to the point that both appear identical, I vote Libertarian.
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions