Saturday, February 26, 2011

Khadaffy & Sons and their Transparent Lies

Khadaffy & sons remind me of thugs from high school. Long on meanness, short on brains.

[Saif al-Islam] promised journalists they would find the streets peaceful and support for his father strong. Do not confuse the sound of celebratory fireworks for bursts of gunfire around the streets of Tripoli, he told them.

Does he think we were born yesterday?

I read news about Khadaffy's attempt to stay in power for black humor more than anything. I laugh at the lies that seem contrived by idiots, but am dismayed by reports of atrocities.

I read somewhere that Lionel Richie, Beyonce, Usher, and Mariah Carey went to Libya to play for the tyrant. Such celebrities may* deserve criticism for aiding and abetting a war criminal. I have never admired these performers or their music, so there is no question about not listening to them anymore.

"Hello? Is it me you're looking for?" Radio stations played Lionel Richie's stupid song repeatedly in the 1980's, once an hour at least, enough to make me want to puke. One reason I stopped listening to radio is that the stations are bribed by record companies to repeat certain performers over and over. Such performers may or may not produce good music. I have better luck picking and choosing what I listen to on my own. Radio I equate with garbage music, much like television is equated with garbage shows.

* I am not certain that the celebrities mentioned did any worse than everyday people who have purchased Libya's oil for decades. In a way, everyone who drives a vehicle that runs on fossil fuels has aided and abetted many tyrants of the Middle East, Khadffy being just one of the scum-buckets. Certainly I have purchased my share of oil, some of which derived from Libya or Iran. Is it correct to single out celebrities who assist a tyrant with music rather than petro-dollars? Maybe not! The modern world's relationship to oil is fraught with ethical problems. Hopefully, regimes in the Middle East will fall and convert into republics, removing the ethical difficulties.



I read about Saif al-Islam obtaining a doctorate from the London School of Economics and am tempted to believe his scholarship was the result of deceit and fraud, which characterizes his entire family and himself. From what I have seen of Saif al-Islam, as he prosecutes the war against the Libyan freedom fighters, he is a stupid fascist of zero worth and without any scruples. He that would slay and torture thousands in the service of a tyrant would not hesitate to hire a poor scholar, or several scholars, to write all of his papers and reports. I suspect that he bribed his professors and the school administration. The awarding of a doctorate to a tyrant's son represents a scandal for the London School of Economics that will persist into perpetuity.

Colleges have for a long time sold advanced academic degrees to the rich. As George W. Bush understood all too well, only the poor must study or work. The rich may play.
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions