Monday, June 15, 2009

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is among the most interesting women in the U.S. I know, she is not one of the usual suspects from Hollywood or Youtube, and she is, well, over forty?

But she writes well and has a warm nature and even remarkable candor. Read this moving tribute she wrote to retiring justice David Souter. What makes it priceless is that she says in effect that David was better than all the other justices on the Supreme Court. The only reason I can think of somebody going out on a limb like that is genuine affection. I imagine the next meeting of the justices might be a bit awkward. Seldom do we see such an expression of genuine affection in the public circus. Usually people are tearing other people down or mixing sarcasm with their supposedly friendly jokes.

Although I'm not familiar with Ginsburg's judicial track record, I'm willing to bet I would agree with Ginsburg on 90% of all cases that passed the Supreme Court docket.

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions