Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Challenge

One of the hardest things about growing up is learning ways to avoid crazy and violent people. In school, one is exposed to sociopaths, psychopaths, and every species of criminal, as yet unidentified. One not only has to avoid getting mixed up in violence against or with those individuals but also to avoid their memes or thought-patterns, which perpetuate a culture of violence.

When I think about all the times I was tested, I think it's amazing that I am still alive. I have no feeling whatsoever for my old schools and regard them in the same light as an ex-prisoner would his prison. I never dreamed I would make it even to thirty, but here I am. The human animal is remarkably resilient and resourceful. Marijuana, which was strictly forbidden in school, was one of the means by which memories of the school were annihilated. The other means were simply the passage of time and replacement of bad memories with good memories. I don't know why the modern world thinks it is a good idea to make school into a Hell, but it does. The more hellish the school, the better, in the opinion of most. I would have been much better off in a library by myself.

The requirements for a proper education are as follows:

1. Books.
2. Time.

Teachers and other students are unnecessary distractions.

I understand nowadays the boneheaded politicians are pouring billions of dollars down the drain on fancy computer gadgetry for the classroom, such as electronic blackboards, online videos and computers. All of that is just pure waste designed to enrich the cronies of the political elite. Anyone with normal intelligence should be able to perceive the potential for corruption. If Shakespeare, Plato, Lincoln, Churchill, Einstein, et al, learned the old-fashioned way, then what the hell is wrong with the old-fashioned way? What the hell is wrong with modern kids that they need all these gadgets? They don't. A means to extract money from the public coffers, pure and simple--money that would be better spent augmenting teacher's salaries.

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions