Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Deepin?

I'm surprised none of the reviews I've read about Deepin, including at Distrowatch, make any bones about Deepin being developed in China. You know, the same country that has been hacking Western corporations, governments and private citizens for years. China has about a million reasons to want to push a Linux distro, and none of them are benevolent. In Distrowatch's interview with a developer, I read that Deepin has 30 developers. Actually I thought there would be more, given that the Red Army is actively engaged in computer hacking. I would not touch a Chinese distro. Lose the illusion! China is a tyranny; there is no free speech, no real justice system and the government does whatever the heck it wants to do, whenever the heck it wants to do it. No matter how many positive reviews Deepin buys for cheap in the online press, the fact remains it derives from a highly suspect source.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be joking! You, coming from the land that gave birth to NSA, have qualms about a Chinese distro??? Wake up, man! If I were you, I'd use anything that doesn't come from the so-called "Land of the Free". And I mean ANYTHING!

igor said...

There's no free speech in China. One cannot even get away with writing what one thinks on a blog in China. Take your chances with the tyrants, but I'll stick with distros that are made in free lands.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Igor.

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions