Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pussy Riot is Awesome



I used to listen to punk. Nowadays the only punk band I listen to is Pussy Riot. I listen to their political interviews. I think that they are a nice fresh cup of Awesome. An article in the Washington Post relates how they are still trying to get jailed protesters released. What would make me believe in God is if the dictator Putin were put in prison for his many crimes, and Pussy Riot took over the reigns of power in Russia and implemented a true and lasting republic. That could only be accomplished with divine intervention, I think!

There is something about virtue that makes a person even more attractive, lending them a bit of the divine. To stand for something lends that something to an individual. A virtuous person has substance that is more than skin-deep. I see Liberty and Motherhood in these two courageous young women. Their likeness has been struck on coins for hundreds of years. They do not belong just to this age. They are eternal.

From another story on CNN

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions