Friday, February 15, 2013

NewEgg Reviews are Worthless

NewEgg is as pigheaded as the day is long about reviews. The problem with NewEgg's review system is that there's no way to change your mind. Once you submit a review, they keep it forever, and there's no editing or deleting. So if you, say, give a product a five-star review, and later discover undesirable aspects about the product that was reviewed, too bad. Your recommendation will be there forever, misleading customers. To compound the problem, NewEgg discards negative reviews, while retaining positive ones in order to sucker their customers into buying substandard merchandise. So once you write a positive review on NewEgg, you will be a supporter of that product until Doom's Day, whether you like it or not. As far as NewEgg is concerned, your writing is the sole property of NewEgg, Inc., forever and ever. That is why I no longer write reviews on NewEgg, and I'm not at all sure I'm ever going to buy something from 'RottenEgg' again. I'm certainly going to do a great deal of comparison shopping before I settle upon the least desirable 'RottenEgg', and I will be willing to pay five or ten dollars more to get the same product from a different vendor, because for me, the trust is not there with 'RottenEgg'.Post a Comment
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is dispicable. I have bought my last product from New Egg!

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions