Saturday, April 23, 2011

Nutrition Info

I use this web site for finding out the nutritional value of any food. I had been eating mangoes every day this week, but became concerned that I might not be getting enough vitamin C. Not all fruits have vitamin C, and I wasn't sure about mangoes. According to the above site, mangoes are rich in vitamin C.

However, I'm not yet satisfied that self.com gives accurate info. A discrepancy exists between the vitamin C content of bananas as reported by Wikipedia and the amount reported by self.com. Which is accurate? I hope for the more optimistic assessment. Also, a search on self.com for "peas" brings up meals with numerous constituent parts, such as "Baby Food, boiled, with peas, carrots, ham, oats," but the results are suspect, as the nutritional value of such meals depend upon the manufacturer, method of preparation, serving size, and the proportions of ingredients.
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions