Monday, February 25, 2013

Is Britain's Top Homophobe a Homosexual?

Looks like a Cardinal in the Catholic Church has been exposed to accusations of unwanted sexual advances... in this particular case, toward other priests. Do I perceive a collective sigh of relief that the alleged victims in this case are not boys?

The Catholic Church's obvious hypocrisy and bigotry in regard to gay marriage should bedevil the Church for generations to come. I am not hopeful about Pope Benedict's resignation. He is only resigning in order to pick his successor, who will be at least as hateful as he was. The former Nazi means to cling to power even from the grave.

My Protestant ancestors had the right idea in breaking away from the Vatican. If I were Christian, I would never wish my church beholden to some corrupt and wicked foreign authority.

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions