Thursday, March 14, 2013

On the Fence About OpenSuse 12.3

I've been scouring the net of late for reviews of OpenSuse 12.3, reading every stray article I can get my hands on. I've been rather disappointed by the lack of comparative analysis in all the reviews. It seems that most reviewers are fixated upon the new kernel and new version of KDE--elements that will also be present in the next versions of Ubuntu, Linux Mint and all the other distros, although their releases will have more recent versions, so patience may offer a slight reward. I am most curious about whether OpenSuse presents any advantage over Linux Mint or Ubuntu. If the answer is no, then why should I jump ship for OpenSuse? One thing I will say, however, is that I really like the default wallpaper of OpenSuse 12.3. I think it is the best wallpaper I have ever seen on any operating system in my life. Is that enough for me to give OpenSuse a try? Not quite, but it helps. I'm surely glad that at least one distro grasps the virtue of a dark background, so friendly to the human eye.

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions