Friday, January 4, 2013

Microsoft Networking

Whenever you install Windows 7, be sure to set aside 100 hours to struggle with network configuration. Microsoft thinks that everyone wants to pay Microsoft Technical Support $99.95 an hour to connect two computers via ethernet.

Windows 7 has to be the WORST operating system in existence today for home networking. I wouldn't use it if I didn't have to for my answering machine. I intend to use it for nothing but an answering machine. What a tremendous piece of garbage it is. Nice, fancy GUI that can do absolutely nothing; networking wizard that can't find its own behind; share permissions that share to everyone and yet no one. I'm glad to see that Microsoft is providing employment to the mentally handicapped, but I wish they would have them doing something other than programming Windows.

Post Scriptum:

I plan  to sell my Windows 7 install DVD on ebay since it hasn't activated yet. It is just too difficult to connect Windows 7 to other computers in the home network. I plugged the old Windows XP hard drive back in and presto, the network was working again. Windows 7 as far as I am concerned is just a mistake. If I need modern capabilities then I will use Linux, not anything by Microsoft. I feel sorry for people who feel like they have to use Windows 7. They are really setting themselves up for punishment.Post a Comment
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions