Sunday, November 4, 2012

How to Vote on Ballot Initiatives

My rule of thumb is that those who live in a red state where the right-wingers control the government should vote against a ballot initiative, no matter how it sounds, because it is most likely evil.

In blue states, greater effort is required to evaluate ballot initiatives.  I like to examine a sample ballot prior to voting and do my research on the Internet prior to entering the booth. It is not really possible to understand a ballot initiative based on the descriptions given. For my part, I'd be in favor of anything that expands the rights of the individual, such as marijuana legalization, and against anything that siphons off resources from public services, such as charter schools, which are just a gimmick to grab state money for conservative right-wing Church schools.
Post a Comment
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions