Thursday, October 11, 2012

Social Media Buttons

Social Media Buttons? Check.

Blogspot's native support of social media buttons does not work, so I found an alternative solution and customized it for my blog. I prefer the buttons to reside in my author and comment box, rather than in the post itself. I cut Twitter's button, because it takes up more real estate than it is worth. Not a big fan of Twitter. I saw no need for Pinterest, since I post few images. I'm not as visually-oriented as some, and my interest in photography has always been minimal. What I like, for better or worse, is working with words, and I say "or worse" because the zeitgeist favors visual presentation over verbal by about a million to one.

The implementation here is buggy at present, because each post shows the same stats beside the AddThis and Facebook buttons.

Update: I adjusted the buttons to remove the stats. Facebook's Like button insists upon displaying stats, no matter if they are accurate or not. There is no way to turn the stats off. Facebook is saying in effect, "my way or the highway." I solved that problem by deleting the Facebook Like button. I don't know why Facebook has to be pushy. Given the choice of "my way or the highway," I tend to choose the highway.

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions