Saturday, July 9, 2011

Betty Ford, R.I.P.

Betty Ford's tenure as wife of President Ford was before my time, or rather at the very beginning of it, and I can't say I recall much about her, but from what I've read, she sounds like an interesting, forthright and candid person, who preferred the unvarnished truth over the lie.

I sometimes find that I prefer the wives of Republicans to their husbands, because even if the wives are Republicans themselves, they may have unexpected enlightened views on various subjects. It may be due to their being women. In general, I agree with women more often than men. The trouble with some men is that they have a tendency to think in cold blood without heeding the impulses of their heart. They lack a certain amount of compassion, moderation, and most of all, a desire to cooperate with others rather than compete with others. In any society, the desire to cooperate is very beneficial to all.
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions