Sunday, May 1, 2011

New York Daily News on Gay Marriage

I disagreed with a recent opinion piece on the New York Daily News on gay marriage, so I registered in order to leave a comment. Their registration process is lengthy. Twenty questions are asked. They want to know how much money I make, what kind of job I have, and my birthday. Do they really deserve all of that information? In the past, newspapers were content if a letter-writer signed his first and last name, address, city, and state (zip code optional). NY Daily News also had a lengthy checklist for newsletters--every topic under the Sun. Are people still reading emailed newsletters?

I entered a valid email address, received the registration email, clicked on the link, and attempted to log in, only to be denied with an error message: "your email address is invalid." My foot. Looks like the New York Daily News needs to focus more on debugging their computer software and less on political issues that do not concern them. Why are there so many quarrelsome troublemakers in the world that want to interfere in the lives of others? Whatever happened to "live and let live?" In the end, the troublemakers will find solutions for one another.

I gave up on registering. Communicating with fools can be a fool's errand. Sometimes silence is best. My blog is good for venting, as always, if nothing else. And in Google News, I click on that wonderful new feature, "Show Less of..." in order to reduce the number of instances of New York Daily News. Using that feature has already eliminated several other media sources, such as Fox, from the headlines for me.

Bigots that defend DOMA would change their tune in a skinny minute if their own lives were impacted. A taste of their own medicine would do them a world of good. They need to experience firsthand an intrusive law that burrows into their own personal lives and causes them a multitude of hardships. They like pointing the finger at others, but when they point that finger, three are pointing back at them.
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions