Saturday, May 28, 2011

Moscow Gay Pride

Brave gay activists protest in Moscow, getting attacked and arrested by police. They say neo-Nazis staged a counter-protest, but there are reports the neo-Nazis were aided and abetted by police or were themselves undercover police officers.

Some of the things that were said by the anti-gays reminded me of television evangelists Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell in the early 1990s. For example, "if we let things like this (gay pride) happen in Moscow, God will burn down Moscow." How strange that people can be so ignorant as to believe such a thing in the year 2011! But then I remind myself that something like forty percent of Russians admire Stalin, who killed millions of Russians. The Russians seem as stupid as bricks. Whenever I feel disappointed in the actions of U.S. leaders and politicians, all I have to do to cheer myself up is browse what is happening in Russia, Iran, China, or North Korea, where the stupidity is quadrupled.
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions