Friday, March 25, 2011

Dear Trog

Dear Trog, God of Frenzy,

If I have achieved level 14 in Maces & Flails, do you really think I want you to bestow a battleaxe? It's a bit late for me to be starting over with a new weapon type, don't you think? Please use a bit more care in selecting your gifts. I know you're opposed to magic and not considered very smart by the other gods, but still. You don't want the other gods to think you're retarded, either.

Worshipfully,

Demonspawn Beserker
by igor 04:20 4 replies by igor 09:32 0 comments

2 comments:

BountyHunterSAx said...

I have played Troglodyte-following Dwarves and Trolls for quite a while now - even managed to clear out the Snake Pit, Hive, Lair, half the Vaults, and sundry other subdungeons with one. I've never had a problem with Trog's gifts.

I've found the first one is generally not something you're terribly interested in, yes; it'll usually be a sword or an axe/mace in the category you aren't doign (but CAN cross-train in). If you're playing a axeman it's highly advisable to pick up at least Lvl8 in maces anyway for those pesky hydras.

The thing is, he gives you so *MANY* gifts since you are constantly gaining massive amounts of piety that it really becomes moot.

-AHMAD

igor said...

Rathgar may have been unlucky, or the developers may have tweaked Trog's gift-giving in newer versions of the game. I seem to have had better luck with Okarawu's gifts, but that may be mere chance.

A potential downside of gifts is that intelligent monsters pick up discarded weapons and armor.

In theory, an axe of flaming should be effective against hydras.

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions