Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Debt Collectors Call Again

While I was busy blogging, the debt collectors called again.

No, I do not have debt. These debt collectors are seeking someone who used to own my phone number. They call about once a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. This has been going on for years.

Debt collection agencies are more irresponsible than the deadbeats they hunt. They fail to verify their information. They just don't care. They pursue the easiest route to find their paycheck without any concern for the thousands of innocent victims they are harassing with weekly phone calls.

They usually call with their number masked. Caller ID reports "Unknown Name -- Unknown Number." I can't block these calls, because I get some calls from another country whose telephone exchange does not support Caller ID.

Contacting one debt collector and telling them the facts isn't sufficient, because their databases aren't connected. Trust me. I know. I have told at least a dozen of these organized crime families the facts. Either they are lying when they say they are taking me off the list or they're selling my number to other companies.

I have no sympathy for banks that are foolish enough to loan money to ne'er-do-wells. Their standards need to be higher. If the banks lost money, tough. Eat the loss. Not my problem. The debt collection agencies dialing numbers in their database are harassing innocent people.

This is yet another reason to vote for Democrats. The focus of government should be to reign in abusive businesses that harm, abuse and harass consumers. Democrats understand the critical role of government in controlling unethical companies like the debt collection agencies that victimize the innocent.

Visit the Democratic National Party web site

No comments:

techlorebyigor is my personal journal for ideas & opinions